The Kiyooka Ohe Arts Centre 2ND ANNUAL GALA + ART AUCTION
- When: Friday, April 7, 2017
- Where: Hotel Arts, 119 – 12th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB
- Time: from 7 pm to 11 pm
- Tickets: $100 (plus service fee) per person, available at: www.koartscentre.org
- Cocktail Table Sponsor $750 per table, 2 Gala Tickets, Recognition in the Auction catalogue, Table Top Branding with Name and Logo plus a $500 CRA Charitable Donation Receipt. Contact us for details here: firstname.lastname@example.org_________________________________
Our Live & Silent Auction 2017
Live Auction will feature work by
Silent Auction will feature works by:
The Kiyooka Ohe Arts Centre + Sculpture Park (KOAC) cordially invites you to join founders Katie Ohe and Harry Kiyooka, and over 50 nationally and internationally renowned contemporary artists, to the 2nd Annual KOAC Gala & Art Auction.
Alex Janvier, one of the most celebrated Canadian painters will be the Gala’s Honorary Guest and Keynote Speaker. Mr. Janvier’s body of work is currently on display at a major retrospective at The National Gallery of Canada titled “Modern Indigenous Master.” For more information about Mr. Janvier’s exhibition go to this link:Alex Janvier at National Gallery.
The live art auction, conducted by Doug Levis of the prestigious Levis Fine Arts Auction, will start at 8:30 PM until 10:30 PM. The proceeds from this 2nd Annual Auction will go to complement funds for the construction of the Centre’s Art Pavilion, which will be used for KOAC’s exhibitions, symposia and art education programs.
The Gala will be a unique opportunity to obtain outstanding works of art and meet a truly impressive and generationally diverse roster of recognized artists. Join the Gala’s Honorary Chair, Calgary community leader Jane McCaig and hundreds of art aficionados and business and political VIPs, in a night of art celebration, contemporary jazz with “The Jon McCaslin Trio”, and complimentary Scotch tasting by Macallan of its 1824 Series.
Marking the start of an exclusive collaboration with KOAC, former oil and gas executive turned fashion designer, Jean-Michel Gires will donate and present a limited edition of his wearable abstract art line of silk scarves and kimonos featuring prints of Harry Kiyooka’s paintings. The artist-signed garments will be available at the Gala and by direct order at www.byjeanmichel.com
This year’s live & silent auctions echoes KOAC’s mandate as a nurturing platform for established, mid-career, and emerging visual artists, featuring works by Alex Janvier, Peter Von Tiesenhausen, David Burdeny, Mark Dicey, Chris Cran, Harry Kiyooka, Katie Ohe, John Will, Walter May, Victor Cicansky, DaveandJenn, Alex Caldwell, Tia Halliday, Paul Kuhn & MORE.
To establish the Centre, Katie and Harry donated their 20-acre Springbank property, their art collection and personal works, and a generous endowment fund.
The KO Arts Centre mission is:
• To support the next generation of artists and art graduates, with an in-residence mentorship program, space studio and outreach education work.
• To promote and celebrate contemporary art by offering a creative environment for established national and international artists.
• To contribute to Springbank’s cultural enrichment, community pride and overall quality of life and position KOAC’s sculpture park as a geographic cultural node of Calgary’s overall cultural enhancement strategy.
• To protect the site’s natural heritage by establishing a woods sanctuary that will provide a personal contemplative experience for each visitor.
Join us in sharing, promoting and celebratingthe art of tomorrow.
For tickets and to learn about the KOAC story: koartscentre.org